Sunday, September 17, 2006

Potatoes on the way


Julie gave me instructions on building a potato tower, so today I did it She 'seeded' me with three potatoes - a kipfler, a King Edward, and a Nicola. The tower is really a hessian bag, and it is supported with a circlet of chicken wire. Let's hope they do their stuff!


Today is the first time I have used the Blog This button on Picasa, having downloaded the pics from our new Canon digital camera to the laptop. Also for the first time we have viewed photos from the camera on our TV. Wowee.

On Monday night we are going to Japan for a week, and I have been deliberating hard about what camera(s) to take. The small digital? Portable, for sure. The video camera? Also portable. But no, the purist in me has ruled for the Canon EOS Elan 7e SLR, with both lenses, the remoter, the tripod, and five rolls of slide film. The camera shop man looked at me as though I was from the Dark Ages when I asked for slide film, and recommended a digital SLR as my next purchase. No, I love my EOS (it is my second) and we LOVE slide nights. Maybe one day.

This weekend we were surrounded by babies. On Saturday we celebrated Rosie Wendy Steeden-Beach's Australia naming ceremony, and we were surrounded by babies. Rose was a dab hand at turning her head away from the camera as soon as it was pointed in her direction.




Then later on Saturday we celebrated our neighbour's finished renovations. More babies, ranks of prams, wall to wall plastic toys. It makes us happy to see all these future taxpayers coming up the ranks!

Pics from Japan will be uploaded as they become available in the coming weeks. Digitals quicky, but the slides will take a little longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment