Friday, August 31, 2012

We are failed consumers

One of our missions was to go to Waikele Premium Outlets BEFORE we went to Ala Moana Mall. (We didn't quite succeed at that, but we didn't buy anything other than the mini router we needed for wifi. ) Off we set this morning, armed with shopping bags and lists. What did we buy? Nothing. Nada. Zip. We looked hard, but nothing appealed. Michael's excuse is that Brooks Bros is no longer there. My excuse is that I had a nice time with my sister in the US in April and am only just now wearing the summer clothes I bought then. I don't NEED anything. Pitiful excuse, I know, and it won't stop me later, but everything I saw was just boring or worse.

I wanted to go browse in Shanghai Tang at Ala Mo, but they have gone. So has Chico.

Oh well, maybe I will find another swimsuit in the Royal Hawaiian Mall. Perhaps a new snorkel from Snorkel Bob. Maybe I will find something nice at AnnTaylor. I am glad I had a test run learning to play the ukulele because I am not tempted to buy one.

In the meantime, Mr. Honu the large turtle had a swim-by with me this arvo. I bumped into my niece's extended family walking back after my swim, and Julie and Martin arrived. The family is gathering.

No comments:

Post a Comment