Thursday, January 26, 2006

It's finished, and it's me!

YAY! I finished the jumper yesterday, and it FITS! You may remember that I have knitted this jumper once before. It is Jo Sharp Silk Road Aran Tweed, and the pattern is Anya from a Jo Sharp book. The first time I knitted it to the end, sewed it up, put it on.... disaster. Way too wide, way too short, sleeves way too long. With the helpful advice of my cleaning lady, Gladys, who said it looked terrible, I unpicked it. Never before have I unpicked a whole jumper, but it had to be done. This time I went down a size in the pattern, made it longer and the sleeves shorter. And thanks to my daughter who advised testing the fit by using bulldog clips instead of pins - much faster and easier, and less painful. It was lovely to knit with, and knit up very fast indeed. I love the ribbing detail on the hem and the neckline, and also the interesting bell shaped sleeve. I'm very happy with it. So here I am, wearing it! It hasn't even been blocked or anything. I think people are going to see a lot of this jumper, as soon as it cools down enough to wear it.




What's next on the agenda. For his birthday, I gave my husband a certificate entitling him to one pair of hand-knitted socks. I have the wool. I have the fabulous sock book Julie gave me for Christmas. I have measured his feet (he enjoyed the process). I have EVEN KNITTED A SWATCH for the first time. The next knitting post will be sock progress. But my next post is going to be a Pug Post, so you know why my blog name includes The Pug.

No comments:

Post a Comment