Monday, January 02, 2006

Stick to your knitting


Truly, I am still knitting. Or re-knitting. This is the jumper I knitted to completion, tried it on, and unpicked it. The pattern is Anya from the Jo Sharp Gathering book, in Silk Road Aran Tweed. It was one of the fastest jumpers I have ever knitted. Alas, however, it was way too short, way too wide, the sleeves way too long. Never have I had such a disaster in fit, and I have been knitting a long time. Gladys, my cleaning lady, was here as I tried it on again, and she told me what I already knew. It had to be unpicked. It was a shocker to unpick, and I have all these little balls for re-knitting.

I went a size down from the book. I knitted the front and back much longer. I have knit the one sleeve a bit shorter. As you see, I have one sleeve to go. A sleeve takes less than a week, depending on how often I pick it up and knit it. Very fast. Please keep your fingers crossed for me. I don't want to re-unpick nor re-knit. I want this jumper done so I can start on the socks I have promised my husband. Yes, I have the wool for them. I have a new sock book - Sensational Knitted Socks - a Christmas present from my daughter. I am ready for socks, but I am being strict with myself. The last sleeve must be done first.

No comments:

Post a Comment