Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Priorities!

I've blogged before about singing in the Messiah this year. There have been rehearsals, and there are four performances, 8th, 10th, 12th and 14th December, at the Sydney Opera House. There is nothing more exhilarating than singing in a big choir in such a fabulous place, and I am really looking forward to it.

Ulp!

The 12th and 14th I have to be in Melbourne - training for a new ARROW member at La Trobe on 11-13th, and then an introductory meeting for the PILIN project on 13th-14th (yes, I know, don't even think about that double booking on 13th).

What can I do? I know I can get back from Melbourne by 5.30 on Thursday 14th for warm up then rehearsal (at least I think so...)

But what about that Tuesday? I have agonised about this. If I miss one performance will they let me do the last one? They have been utterly draconian about not missing any rehearsals or any performances. Once you miss one, that's it. You are OUT!

So today I asked whether I could leave La Trobe a bit early, catch an early flight back to Sydney, take the train from the airport to Circular Quay and RUN to the Opera House to be there on time. Then take an early morning flight back to Melbourne.

I have permission. I will do it. What will this do to my stress levels? Is it worth it? I think so. God willing (despite my earlier post on God) the weather will be OK and the flights/trains will run on time.

I'll need to sit and knit quietly for a long time after this. My current veggie knitting is perfect - the plain black V-neck jumper is coming along. I am desperately resisting buying Silk Garden Noro to be the last person in the world to knit the Clapotis. But not for much longer.....

No comments:

Post a Comment