We've been many times before but it doesn't ever lose its gloss. The warm soft air, the swimming, shopping, relaxing. Ahhh.
I have several projects.
- One ball of black sock wool, and a sock pattern. I will make lacy black socks that will not be stolen by he-who-thinks-all-black-socks-are-his. Perhaps he will draw the line at lacy cables.
- One ball of baby alpaca in a fuschia colour, ready to be made into the Estonian Leaf & Nupp shawl. Am I mad to take on nupps? They are worth perfecting, I think.
- Some small aeroplane tatting, in Mary Konior's Masquerade pattern. Started it when we went to Auckland, and it is now my Travel Tatting.
- I have the set of Boye knitting needles so I can be flexible if I find something at Isle Knits.
- I have the StitchDiva Endless CardiShawl pattern in case I find some nice yarn at Isle Knits.
- Coloured pencils and sketch book.
- Plans to buy some strings and instructions from a Hawaiian supplier for string figures (now that I am a member of the International String Figure Association.)
- Perhaps a trip to the Soroban (abacus) School for a new large Japanese abacus.
I have my camera, the Kindle (with some books), we have the iPhones and a Netbook and our GPS (TomTom). We have some printed books. I have my diving mask and snorkel, and plan to buy a new beach towel. Two sarongs, two pairs of togs.
Is that enough? I didn't forget the sunscreen, sunnies, and a hat.
The plane leaves tonight. The housesitter arrives after work to get reacquainted with The Pug. I am ready.
(Note: I have turned off comments because I am sick of rejecting all those spammie things. )